[Insight-users] Slice Registration: Landmark based rigid transform

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu May 12 14:41:50 EDT 2005

Kevin:

You are probably looking for a landmark transform in ITK. There are a few based on TPS
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThinPlateSplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ThinPlateR2LogRSplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ElasticBodyReciprocalSplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ElasticBodySplineKernelTransform.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VolumeSplineKernelTransform.html

Unfortunately it looks like there isn't a rigid landmark based method of initializaing registration. It would be nice to have a LandmarkBasedTransformInitializer just like
the CenteredTransformInitializer class. If you need one, let me know and I can add one to ITK. (for rigid and affine transforms). If you would like to do that, it would be perfect. Let me know.

For reference see VTK:  Hybrid/vtkLandmarkTransform.
It takes any number of landmarks (1 to n) and finds the appropriate rigid/affine transform that aligns the two images in a least squares sense.

Thanks
regards
karthik