[Insight-users] [Region growing]

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 12 19:23:52 EST 2005

Hi Fabien,

Yes,
ITK has a number of region-growing segmentation algorithms.

Please look at the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the Segmentation Chapter, where several of these methods
are discussed in detail.

Probably the best method to start with is ConfidenceConnected.

Note that the FastMarching LevelSet method also qualifies
as a Region-Growing algorithm and doesn't requires heavy
computation. You will find these method described in the
Software Guide too.

You will fin examples on these methods in

     Insight/Examples/Segmentation

and GUI demo applications for them in

     InsightApplications/RegionGrowingSegmentation