[Insight-users] Affine transform - decomposition ?

Roxana Racz roxyracz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:02:25 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I am working on a registration application.
I would like to display the **geometrically meaningful** components using
the 12 parameters of the affine transform as returned by the registration
routine.

That is: from the 12 "raw" parameters returned by the registration algorithm
employed, I need to be able to monitor the following quantities:
1.translation(3),
2.rotation(3),
3.scaling(3),
4.skew(?) and
5.reflection(3?)

--- Does anyone know of a method based on itk? (it seems that vtk offers
only the extraction of 1, 2, 3: GetPosition, GetOrientation, GetScale, all
defined in vtkTransform.cxx).

--- Could anyone recommend a good reading on the underlying maths for this
extractions?
Thanks in advance,
 Roxana