[Insight-users] SetUseAllPixels() in MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric, Parameters depening on Image Size

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Apr 18 17:57:19 EDT 2005

Hi Jan,

Yes, the ratio between the number of samples mapped and the
m_NumberOfSpatialSamples is still relevant.

The fact that you "use" all the samples from the fixed image
region, doesn't mean that all of them are going to be mapped
inside the moving image. If your transform is off, you can
still end up having an empty or a too small overlap between
the two images.

The exception is telling you that the overlap between the
two images is not enough for driving the registration. You
must revisit your choices for initializing the transform
and the parameter settings for the Optimizer.