[Insight-users] Questions about 3D Level Set Method

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 12:14:35 EST 2005

Dear All,

Here I have some questions about ITK's level set classes. Our system is a 3-D holographic radar. The image aquired is a 16-bit 256*256*224 "cloud" . We performed 2-D ridge detection of each slice along z axis (1:224) to extract a "surface". Because of our radar's limitation, there are a lot of holes and undesired points on the surface. Can level set method smooth a 3-D surface? Can I input a volume data whose voxel values are one at the ridge point and zero elsewhere as a target, and use level set method to approximate a surface? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Jay