[Insight-users] Applications: installation troubles

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 30 16:16:49 EDT 2004

Hi Alexandra,

It looks like your FLTK libraries are not consistent.

Maybe you have mixed shared libraries and static libraries ?
Maybe you have mixed two different versions of FLTK ?

What the error is telling you is that the linker doesn't
find the symbol   _fl_display

This symbol is probably declared in the basic library
"libfltk.a"

I will strongly suggest you to do the following:

0) Make sure that you are building FLTK out of a single
    version: fluid, the headers and all the libraries
    should be produced out of a single FLTK version.

1) Delete the entire binary directory where you are
    building InsightApplications.

2) Create the directory again.

3) Run "ccmake" again.

4) Fill in all the CMake variable from the ccmake editor
    NOT by editing the CMakeCache.txtl.  It is quite likely
    that during your edits of the CMakeCache.txt file, some
    other entries got corrupted.

You will also find detailed instructions on how to setup
FLTK for an ITK project, in the tutorial sessions:

          http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

In particular, FLTK and QT are discussed in

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-IV.pdf

You will save *a lot* of time if you read the tutorial
before you attempt to reconfigure InsightApplications.