[Insight-users] (no subject)

mailing_foxbit mailing_foxbit at libero.it
Thu Sep 23 04:07:51 EDT 2004

Hi Mathieu,

We need gdcm to read information from the header of DICOM files because ITK
don't supply this possibility. We try to use gdcm for this purpose. The results
is good, now we can read all the information that we need from DICOM header
without problem. We think that the gdcm tool works very well.
We have encountered only one problem due to the fact that we use MFC
applications to develop our software. It'is a cast problem between char,
std::string and CString types while ITK get method don't give this problem.
If gdcm can become a part of ITK we think that is a good think.

PS. We notice that in the new gdcm version exists some new method respect the
previous version. We won't to ask you if exist a new documentation or an help
file about the latest gdcm version 5.0. If you can send us this new
documentation we are thankful to you.

Regards,
Angelo and Ignazio (we both belong to the same working team)