[Insight-users] ITK and Open Inventor

Di Xiao xiaodimailing at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 22:06:17 EDT 2004

Hi

It is possible. ITK is independent from GUI and 3D visualization tool.
You can choose QT+ITK+Coin3D (Open Inventor) mode or QT+ITK
+VTK mode. I ever used Coin3D with Qt under linux for surface rendering
from image processing result. Open Inventor aimed at 3D graphics. I have no
experience of volume rendering under Coin3D, therefore, sorry no suggestion
how to use it. VTk on the other hand supplied a lot of functions related
with
image processing and image visualization.

Regards,

Xiao Di