[Insight-users] Question about NeighborhoodInnerProduct and AnisotropicDiffusionFunction

Bing Jian bjian at cise.ufl.edu
Fri Sep 17 00:09:03 EDT 2004

Hi Yongqiang,

zhao yong qiang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I read the classes of AnisotropicDiffusionFunction, I meet the
> following problem:
>
> 1.       If I design another anisotropic diffusion function, It is
> enough to change the method of ComputeUpdate(), is it right?

          I'm also interested in doing similar task, maybe we can help
each other.

> 2.       Unlike the classes of levelsetfunction, the p.d.e according
> to different level set methods is easy to find. However, in the
> classes of AnisotropicDiffusionFunction, it is hard to find the
> corresponding p.d.e, so how to find these corresponding p.d.e in the
> files?

         You can find the PDE in
DenseFiniteDifferenceImageFilter::ThreadedApplyUpdate()
         The general  PDE  is simply dI/dt  =  f(I), where f(I) depends.

> 3.       In the method ComputeUpdate(), it uses the
> NeighborhoodInnerProduct. It made me puzzle and I cannot understand
> the program. Can someone give me more detail explanation of this method?

         I figure it's just a way to implement the descrete differential
operator, for me it's like
         to do a convolution with a stencil.