[Insight-users] gdcm + ITK installation problems

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Sep 13 10:46:03 EDT 2004

Angelo,

	Yes this has been brought to my attention that the website was not up
to date. I told the webmaster to try to update it.

	I have been working on cmake'ifying gdcm. So now you should be able to
build gdcm just as if you were building ITK.

	Minimal steps are (from gdcm/INSTALL):

- Get the tarball / get from cvs.
- create a gdcm-bin directory
- start cmake select source / bin dir
- select your option
- build it
- (install it)

Be aware that there is a file that has to be found a run time:
dicomV3.dic. The recommended way is to define an env var:

GDCM_DICT_PATH

that would point to the *directory* containing the file dicomV3.dic .
Thus it should be something like full_path/gdcm/Dicts

Regards
Mathieu
Ps: It is envisaged that gdcm could be part of ITK