[Insight-users] gdcm + ITK installation problems

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 13 12:47:56 EDT 2004

HI Angelo,

Please do the following:

1) Download "gdcm" using CVS.

2) Configure gdcm using CMake.
    Mathieu Malaterre created the CMakeLists.txt files
    that allow to configure gdcm for any platform using
    CMake. In that way you don't have to deal with the
    .dsw, .dsp files distributed by gdcm. Instead, those
    files are generated by CMake and you can then proceed
    to open them with Visual Studio. You don't need the
    Python, nor VTK extensions in gdcm, please don't enable
    them when you configure gdcm.

3) Build "gdcm" by loading the .dsw into Visual Studio
    (the .dsw that CMake generated in your gdcm Binary
     directory).

4) Once you are done building gdcm, run CMake over ITK
    and enable the "USE_GDCM" variable.

5) Click on "Configure", provide the GDCM directories
    and click on "OK"

6) Reload the ITK.dsw in Visual Studio and rebuild
    ITK (don't need to do a clean build, just to trigger
    the "build" option. this will actually compile only
    a couple of files.)

Please let us know if you find further problems,

   Thanks,

      Luis