[Insight-users] Applications compilation problem

Silviu D Minut minutsil at cse.msu.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:10:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I did
look through the FAQ and briefly through the latest messages on this list,
and I found some hints for my problem, but I still need some
clarifications.

I compiled vtk, itk, and the applications. However, some of the
applications did not compile. Specifically, I'd like to see the
DistanceMapFilter compile.

I suspect there's something wrong with my fltk installation. I'm running
Linux (Fedora Core 1) and fltk is installed as 2 rpms:

fltk-devel-1.1.4-0.fdr.8.1
fltk-1.1.4-0.fdr.8.1

The FAQ says to enable USE_FLTK when compiling itk, but I did not see that
option when I compiled itk (I just doublechecked). I do have some fltk
variables when I compile the applications though:

FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY:	/usr/lib/libfltk.so
FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE:	FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND
FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY:	/usr/lib/libfltk_forms.so
FLTK_GL_LIBRARY:	/usr/lib/libfltk_gl.so
FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR:	/usr/include

USE_FLTK:		ON

So I'm guessing the problem is with the fltk executable. The FAQ says this
is something like fluidd.exe (on windows). The only executable that came
with my fltk rpms is /usr/bin/fltk-config, which provides the appropriate
flags to the compiler. Is this what I should set the FLTK_EXECUTABLE to?

Installation:

InsightToolkit-1.6.0.tar.gz
InsightApplications-1.6.0.tar.gz
fltk-devel-1.1.4-0.fdr.8.1
fltk-1.1.4-0.fdr.8.1
VTK-4.2-LatestRelease.tar.gz
CableSwig-ITK-1.6.0.tar.gz

I'll provide any other information that may be needed. Thanks!

Silviu Minut