[Insight-users] Applications compilation problem

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:20:44 +1100

Hello Silviu,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:10:18AM -0500, Silviu D Minut wrote:

> The FAQ says to enable USE_FLTK when compiling itk, but I did not see that
> option when I compiled itk (I just doublechecked). I do have some fltk
> variables when I compile the applications though:

Yes, the USE_FLTK option relates only to the InsightApplications package.
Since the Applications were split out, the core ITK no longer has any
external dependencies on GUI toolkits etc.

> FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY:	/usr/lib/libfltk.so
> FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE:	FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND
> FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY:	/usr/lib/libfltk_forms.so
> FLTK_GL_LIBRARY:	/usr/lib/libfltk_gl.so
> FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR:	/usr/include
>
> USE_FLTK:		ON
>
> So I'm guessing the problem is with the fltk executable. The FAQ says this
> is something like fluidd.exe (on windows). The only executable that came
> with my fltk rpms is /usr/bin/fltk-config, which provides the appropriate
> flags to the compiler. Is this what I should set the FLTK_EXECUTABLE to?

Yes, FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE should be set to the location of fluid, normally
/usr/bin/fluid.  This is used to generate the .cxx/.h implementation from
the .fl interface definitions.

> Installation:
>
> InsightToolkit-1.6.0.tar.gz
> InsightApplications-1.6.0.tar.gz
> fltk-devel-1.1.4-0.fdr.8.1
> fltk-1.1.4-0.fdr.8.1
> VTK-4.2-LatestRelease.tar.gz
> CableSwig-ITK-1.6.0.tar.gz

You just need to install the fluid package as well, which is typically
distributed separately.  You should obtain it from the same location as the
fltk and fltk-devel packages (to ensure they are consistent versions).

That should be all you need to do.  Happy hacking!

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne