[Insight-users] FDF Reader

Glenn Pierce glennpierce at connectfree.co.uk
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:53:26 +0000

Hi

I am currently developing a FDFImageIO class to read Varian FDF files
which are just raw data with a small header describing the dimensions
and other attributes.

I have got to the point where I can display a window of garbage.
To check my code I also attempted to read my example FDF file as a
MetaImage by creating the header such as

NDims = 2
DimSize = 256 256
BinaryData = False
ElementType = MET_FLOAT
BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = True
ElementByteOrderMSB = False
ElementMin = 0.0
ElementMax = 65000.0
HeaderSize = -1
ElementSize = 1 1
ElementSpacing = 1.0 1.0
ElementDataFile = brain.raw

However, I get the same results as my FDF class.

Although I specify ElementByteOrderMSB = True and
BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = True

after sending the instantiated reader to cout <<
I see

BinaryData = True
BinaryDataByteOrderMSB = False

Why does BinaryDataByteOrderMSB not get set to true ?

Also I get the warning Min and Max are not valid ?

Are there any other likely reasons for the image not displaying
correctly ?

I will post the code when I somewhere to upload to.

Glenn Pierce

home phone: 0208 279 4624
mobile phone: 07782 138354
icq account: 104903326