[Insight-users] FDF Reader

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:05:12 -0500

Hi Glen,

First,
The obvious question:  Have you succeded
visualizing this FDF file with any other tool ?
In other words: Do you trust this file ?
Are you sure that the pixel is encoded in floats
in this file ?  a simple verification is that
the file size should have a size of

        256 x 256 x 4 = 250880 bytes

Second:
You may want to simplify your MetaHeader
to be just

    NDims = 2
    DimSize = 256 256
    ElementType = MET_FLOAT
    ElementSpacing = 1.0 1.0
    ElementByteOrderMSB = False
    ElementDataFile = brain.raw

That's the minimum number of entries needed
in the header.

Third:
Please post the section of code where you are
instantiating the MetaImage reader and printing
out its content.  The order of operations may
be important.