[Insight-users] some information on the registration example methods

Michael G michaelguiliametti at hotmail.com
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:19:37 +0000

Hello,

I am using the technique in ImageRegistration1 to motion correct a set of
dicom images and it's working great. It takes about 3-4 seconds per image.

I noticed the other great examples, specifically the
DeformableRegistration2, because it seems to offer even cleaner results.
This method is taking a great deal longer to run per slice, around 11
seconds on the same machine.

Are there any methods to improving the speed for these methods? Also are
there more resources on the science behind these registration methods that
itk has provided for us? I could only find
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/RegistrationMethodsOverview.pdf

Thank you very much for any info,
Michael