[Insight-users] about InsightApplication

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:03:39 -0500

Hi Yan,

The "ImageRegistration" application in
InsightApplication is not really intended
to be usable.  It only illustrates how
you connect together FLTK GUI elements
with ITK filters and how you could switch
components of the registration framework
at run-time.

The generality of such combinations makes
virtually impossible for this application
to be useful for any specific purpose.

Again,
It is provided only as an illustration of
how to connect ITK classes and a FLTK GUI.

You may want to try the following applications,
that are actually targeting real problems:

InsightApplications:

   - LandmarkInitializedMutualInformationRegistration
   - MultiResMIRegistration

You may also want to try the ImageRegistration
Plugin in VolView. The free version of VolView
can be downloaded from

   http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html

and the source code of the plugins is available
under:

    InsightApplications/VolviewPlugins

----

If your goal is to get familiar with the
ITK registration framework, you may want
to prefer starting with the examples in

    Insight/Examples/Registration

that are the ones associated with sections
of the software guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular with the Registration chapter:
Chapter 8, pdf-page 241 to 339.

Please let us know if you have further
questions.