[Insight-users] Masks in registrations

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jun 15 22:54:04 EDT 2004

Hi Francois,

You will find an example on the use of masked
metrics for image registration under:

   Insight/Examples/Registration/
               ImageRegistration12.cxx

This was added recently, so you probably need
to use an updated CVS checkout of ITK in order
to get the example.

In this particular example, a binary image is
used as a mask for computing the image metric by
using only a subset of the fixed image pixels.

Note that you can put masks both on the fixed
and in the moving image. In the example this is
only illustrated for the fixed image though.

You said that your mask is a list of points...

You could simply use this list of points in
order to create a binary image mask an then
follow the example in ImageRegistration12.cxx.

Please let us know if you have further questions,