[Insight-users] Masks in registrations

Bignalet Francois Francois.Bignalet at stage.cnes.fr
Mon Jun 14 11:53:22 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I am trying to register two images and I would like to use masks in order to avoid some areas of the images.

It would be like:
metric->SetFixedImageMask( fixedMask);
metric->SetMovingImageMask( movingMask);

So before the registration I need to compute the masks.
I would like to automaticaly build the masks. For example by building a filter that would produce a mask which hide dark areas of the image.

I tried to make a "ImageToSpatialObjectFilter" witch inherit from ProcessObject, but I have 2 problems:

-First, I dont really know which SpatialObject I have to use... My mask is not an ellipse, a line, or a well defined shape, but just a list of points.... Which SpatialObject I'd better use?

-Second, I tried to use "SceneSpatialObject" with "SpatialObjectPoint" to build my mask. But SceneSpatialObject" is not an DataObject, and so my filter witch inherit from ProcessObject can not have a SceneSpatialObject output.

 Thanks for your help!

François