[Insight-users] from 2D slices to 3D volume

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Jun 11 23:20:41 EDT 2004

Hello Hans,

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 06:41:23PM +0200, Hans Wolf wrote:

> Thank you for your answer, but I didn't explain my problem very well. The
> images are already itk::Image<PixelType,2> type since I perform a
> transformation per slice. Afterwards I would like to convert them back to
> a itk::Image<PixelType,3>.

Ok, I see.  It sounds like you want the PasteImageFilter:

  http://www.itk.org/Doxygen16/html/classitk_1_1PasteImageFilter.html

Start by creating the destination itk::Image<PixelType,3>, then use the
itk::PasteImageFilter to sequentially add each slice.

This was described in:

  http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2004-March/007364.html

AFAIK there is no AppendImageFilter yet...

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne