[Insight-users] JoinImageFilter

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:21:01 -0500

 JoinImageFilter is designed to combine two input images into a single
output vector image.  For instance, you can give it two scalar images as
input and the output will be have a vector at each pixel with two
components.  Or you can give it a scalar image and a vector image and the
output will be a vector image. The "join" is in analagous to a database
"join" query.

I think you will need to use the PasteImageFilter.  To do what you want, you
will need to create an image that is the size of your two image sets
combined, the run through two PasteImageFilters to paste the first image in
the first part of the result and then a second PasteImageFilter to past the
second image into the second part of the result.

I have been meaning to put together an AppendImageFilter that will take two
stacks of images and create a single image that has the two datasets
appended along a designated axis.