[Insight-users] Saving output files

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jun 7 10:47:05 EDT 2004

Hi Rob,

Saving image files from ITK is extremely simple:

You just need the following lines:

   #include "itkImageFileWriter.h"

   itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType >  WriterType:
   WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New()
   writer->SetFileName("myFileName.png");
   writer->SetInput( filter->GetOutput() );
   writer->Update();

You will find these lines over and over again if
you look to almost any of the 200 examples in the
directory:

         Insight/Examples

In particular you may want to look at

        Insight/Examples/IO
        Insight/Examples/Filtering

For a list of all the fileformats supported by ITK,
please look at the FAQ.

You will also find useful to read the IO chapter
on the SoftwareGuide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf