[Insight-users] setRequestRegion + ConnectedComponent filter

jerome schmid jerome.schmid at ircad.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Jun 7 06:55:38 EDT 2004

Hi everybody,

I have some trouble in setting an Region of interest( roi ) for connected
component filter. I don't know why but I set a requested region very small
and the filter works on all the image. I put a breakpoint in the
generateData() function of iktConnectedComponentImageFilter and the
requested region on the output is the whole image...I don't use correctly
roi? I test it with binaryThreshold and it works....

Here a piece of my code:

	typedef itk::ConnectedComponentImageFilter< InImageType, InImageType >
CCFilterType;
	CCFilterType::Pointer ccFilter	= CCFilterType::New();

	// Plug with reader
	ccFilter->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );

	InImageType::RegionType roi;

	InImageType::IndexType start;
	start[0]	= 305;
	start[1]	= 43;
	start[2]	= 21;

	InImageType::SizeType size;
	size[0]		= 42;
	size[1]		= 89;
	size[2]		= 10;

	roi.SetIndex( start );
	roi.SetSize( size );
	ccFilter->GetOutput()->SetRequestedRegion( roi ); // IS IT RIGHT?????

	WriterType::Pointer	writer	= WriterType::New();
	writer->SetFileName( "CCimage.inr.gz" );
	writer->SetInput( ccFilter->GetOutput() );
	writer->Update();

A last thing, for Connected Component filter, if input image is binary, in
order to define background we set, in input image, intensity values to zero
and foreground values to a value different to zero, isnt'it???

Thanks a lot everybody!!!!!

Jerome