[Insight-users] Saving output files

Felix Schwenk felix.schwenk at nme.at
Mon Jun 7 08:24:41 EDT 2004

hi Rob,
if you write a raw image file using ImageFileWriter you get a raw file
and a header file.
it is pretty easy to open such a file with the ImageViewer application
contained in InsightApplications directory. i find this application
quite usefull, but still you need VTK to
build it. if you set the extension of the file you write to png or jpg
usually imagefilewriter should figure out the format you want and write
a png or jpg you could open using any standard imageviewer. for an
example see Examples\IO\ImageReadWrite.cxx

hope that helped

felix.