[Insight-users] Cannot compile itk 1.6 from CVS repository on Windows XP VC++ 6.0

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 20 12:09:25 EDT 2004

Hi Heidi,

Please verify first that you have installed
Service Pack 6 for Visual Studio.

You can download it from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp6/default.aspx

---

Reading your message, it seems that the subject
of your email doesn't really match the content.

It seems that:

1) You can compile ITK 1.6

2) You encounter problems with InsightAppplications
    which is an add-on to ITK. The problems are due
    to conflicts in symbols of the PNG and ZLIB libraries
    when you combine InsightApplications with a recent
    version of VTK.

    One solution is to use VTK 4.2 when you build
    Insight Applications.

    Another solution is to fully move to use ITK and
    InsightApplications from CVS.

3) In addition to Visual Studio 6.0, do you have any
    other version of Visual Studio installed  ?