[Insight-users] Image similarity

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 12 20:17:05 EDT 2004

Hi George,

You can use any of the current ImageToImage metrics,

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__RegistrationMetrics.html

and simply set

   Interpolator = NearestNeighborhoodInterpolator
   Transform    = IdentityTransform

If you find annoying to have to do this every time,
you could write a class templated over the Metric
type, that will do this initializations for you.

This new class will have a GetValue() method without
parameters that will simply invoke the GetValue() method
of the real metric with a dummy array of parameters.
You can use a dummy array because the IdentityTransform
do not require parameters.

In this way you can easily switch among any of the
twelve or so image metrics in ITK and dont have to
worry about the extra componets required for integration
with the registration framework.

You may want to contribute such a class to the toolkit
since it may prove to be useful to other ITK users.

Please let us now if you need any assistance for
writing this new class.