[Insight-users] Model to Image Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 10 17:10:57 EDT 2004

Hi Neilson,

If you register a could of N points to an image, the
result of registration will be a single transform
for all the points, not a trasform per point.

Note that the family of transforms available in ITK is
quite complete, so you could choose from very simple
transforms such as pure translation upto very complex
ones such as the ones described with Kernel Splines
and Bsplines.

You will find interesting to read the tutorial on
registration available in the tutorial session:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/RegistrationMethodsOverview.pdf

You will also benfit from reading the chapter on
image registration in the SoftwareGuide

      http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 8, pdf-page 241.