[Insight-users] Narrowband in Reinitiallizelevelset filter

Sayan Pathak spathak at insightful.com
Tue Jul 6 14:31:36 EDT 2004

Hi Suja,

Not having the images in front of me, I am second guessing your problem based
on our experience. As you may be aware of, constraining front evolution is a
very important issue because of the leakage especially where edge contrast is
poor. While constraining the NarrowBandWidth is one way of controlling the
levelset evolution, researchers have also found shape models to be of great
value. There are several flavors of shape models in the literature. There is
some code in ITK that might be worth taking a look.

We have found a particular implementation useful in segmenting the corpus
callosum in brain MR images. The code has several components. Please follow
the examples and testing code to navigate the algorithm implementation.

Insight/Examples/Segmentation/GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFil
ter.cxx
Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkGeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetIma
geFilterTest_2.cxx

Hope this helps, Thanks,
Sayan