[Insight-users] RegionOfInterestImageFilter not updating image pixel container

Glenn Pierce glennpierce at connectfree.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 14:49:17 EDT 2004

Hi

I am currently trying to generate a grey level histogram from from a
region of interest of an image.

To select the roi from the original image I am using
RegionOfInterestImageFilter.

I am then using a ListSampleToHistogramGenerator to generate the
histogram.

The trouble is the ScalarImageToListAdaptor I am passing to the
ListSampleToHistogramGenerator
insists that the size of the roi I am passing is the size of the
original image.

I have tracked this down I believe to the fact that the pixelcontainer
of the region of interest does not get
changed. ie

if clip is a n instance of RegionOfInterestImageFilter

clip->GetOutput()->GetPixelContainer()->Size() is constant no matter the
region
passed to clip.

Is this a bug. Should the GetPixelContainer() be updated by
RegionOfInterestImageFilter ?
Or is there a work around ?

Thanks for the help.

Glenn