[Insight-users] MutualInformationEuler2DRegistration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 2 11:28:38 EDT 2004

Hi Ying,

You have not done your homework !,

The file that we sent you was intended only to make easier
for you to start your training. It was not intended to solve
your entire problem.

When you feed the program with different images, you still
need to fine tune the parameters of the registration according
to the characteristics of the new images.

What is the content of the TIFF images that you are feeding
now to the program  ?

Just the fact of being stored in TIFF shouldn't affect at all
the registration. You don't need to convert your images to JPEG
in order to succeed with the registration. You should rather look
at the particular characteristics of the image content.

For example:

   - The dynamic range of the pixel values
   - The level of noise
   - The distribution of homogeneous regions

and,... go through the learning process of registration as we
suggest you in the previous email. Read the Tutorials on
registration and the Registration chapter on the SoftwareGuide.

You will not find the Example

              ImageRegistration13.cxx

in the ITK 1.6 release, because the release was cut in
February 2004, and the example was to CVS added yesterday   :-)

If you want to get this example you must use the CVS version.

Instructions for downloading ITK through CVS are available
in the Download page

   http://www.itk.org/HTML/Download.php

in the tutorials

   http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

and in the SoftwareGuide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

There is no way out...
you will have to do your homework.

Please let us know if you have further questions,