[Insight-users] Re: How to use VNL classess?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:35:06 -0500

Hi Steven,

This sounds like homework...

---

1) You can use the vnl_matrix_fixed as

    #include "vnl/vnl_matrix_fixed.h"

    typedef vnl_matrix_fixed< double, 4, 4 > MatrixType;

    MatrixType A;

    // then assign values to the components
    A(0,0) = 1.0;
    A(1,2) = 3.0;  // ... etc.

    // then multiply matrices in order to cumulate
    // transformations

    MatrixType B;
    MatrixType C;

    C = B * A;

2)  Use the class vnl_inverse

     #include "vnl/vnl_inverse.h"
     #include "vnl/vnl_matrix_fixed.h"
     #include "vnl/vnl_vector_fixed.h"

     typeder vnl_vector_fixed<double,4> VectorType;
     typeder vnl_matrix_fixed<double,4,4> MatrixType;

     VectorType B;
     MatrixType A;

     VectorType X = vnl_inverse( A ) * B;

     Look at the header file vnl_inverse.h in

          Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/

3) About

        "How to use ITK in order to do this with VNL..."

    Well...
        you simply don't need ITK just for doing this.