[ITK-dev] Problems with Change in itkStaticConstMacro

Bradly Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 21 16:07:10 EST 2016

Gcc 4.2 runs into the same ITK bug with explicit instantiation too.

Anaconda Python 2.7, OSX Python.org <http://python.org/> distribution and OSX system, need apple’s gcc 4.2

>> Your blog post solution for static linking in un-accetable as I don’t want
>> to use a GPL license. Along with static linking not being recommended with
>> PEP 513, and lastly it can cause conflicts when used in a loaded module with
>> an older libc version.
>
> My blog post does not say static linking is required or the GPL is required.

"Statically linking libstdc++ <https://github.com/thewtex/CastXMLSuperbuild/blob/1c938cdf0c4a1fc295b968d2b89765b1f8abc370/CMakeLists.txt#L105-L108> avoids version compatibility issues.”

Statically, linking an LGPL library such as libstdc++ is “messy”.

>> PEP 513 clearly says:
>>
>> GCC <= 4.2.0
>
> This excludes GCC 4.1.

4.1 <= 4.2, so it’s included.