[Insight-developers] Why are headers in Modules/NonUnit/Review/include not installed when ITK_USE_REVIEW is on?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 15 11:23:34 EDT 2013

OK so this seems to make a difference: In addition to setting
ITK_USE_REVIEW, I set Module_ITKREVIEW on the command line for the initial
cmake.

I notice also that if you run CMake a second time in the ITK build tree,
it turns on installing review headers.

So given how things appear to work, the business in the top-level
CMakeList.txt here:

if (ITK_USE_REVIEW)
  set(Module_ITKReview ON)
endif()

That doesn't work for some reason; probably because this happens before
the Module macros run and enumerate through the ITK directory tree to
discover the Modules to build and install.

This is a strange CMake chicken & egg thing:  I believe the top level code
has the above clause, which sets a non-cache variable, but then lower down
it does this:
option(Module_${itk-module} "Request building ${itk-module}" OFF)

But then in Modules/NonUnit/Review/CMakeLists.txt there's this rather
forlorn, useless command:
set(ITK_USE_REVIEW ON)

So maybe in the next release remove ITK_USE_REVIEW because it's a relic of
ITK 3 and doesn't effing work right.  Or figure out how to telegraph into
the Module enumeration logic that it should consider the module on.

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu