[Insight-developers] API change of vnl_math to namespace

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Oct 31 17:02:16 EDT 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 20:47:57 +0000, Matt McCormick said:

>Hi,
>
>Recently, changes were made in vnl_math.h so that vnl_math_abs is now
>vnl_math::abs, etc.
>
>This is causing pain in ITK :-(.
>
>What is the recommended way to deal with this change in a
>backwards-compatible way?  I could not find pre-processor version
>definitions in core/vnl/vnl_config.h or core/vxl_config.h

This is partly my fault... and is ironic because the change was meant to *help* ITK. :(

I submitted a patch to the vxl folks based on this:
<http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/6025/>

see the thread "Patch from ITK (Avoid C++0x constexpr error)" on the vxl list.  After some discussion about whether to accept the patch or not, it was accepted (but expanded on!) and committed in r35854 (and perhaps others).

I'm not sure why Peter made even more extensive changes... Peter?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com