[Insight-developers] Final Dashboard fixed for ITK4.2 RC 2

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Sat Jun 9 11:37:43 EDT 2012

Hello,

There are a couple of problems with the dashboard. First it doesn't look like any of the WrapITK builds are OK on the dashboard. I have just completed a complete clean configuration and build on my apple laptop, and it's is OK. It seems that some of these errors on the WrapITK builds are some how leftover the from prior code, as if something isn't being cleaned or starting fresh each night. Is anyone else able to confirm that WrapITK is working for them it would be good to know?

The other problem is perhaps a bigger issue. The meta programming I did for the patch based denoising doesn't appear to be working on VS8. It has quite a few errors:

http://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=2345985

of the following kind:

c:\d\itk-vs8-32rs\itk\modules\filtering\denoising\include\itkPatchBasedDenoisingImageFilter.hxx(395) : error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'DisableIfC<itk::IsSame<TImageType::PixelType,NumericTraits<TImageType::PixelType>::ValueType>::Value>::Type itk::PatchBasedDenoisingImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage>::SetComponent(T &,unsigned int,double) const'
        with
        [
            TInputImage=OneComponent2DImage,
            TOutputImage=OneComponent2DImage
        ]
        With the following template arguments:
        'double'
        c:\d\itk-vs8-32rs\itk\modules\filtering\denoising\include\itkPatchBasedDenoisingImageFilter.hxx(230) : while compiling class template member function 'void itk::PatchBasedDenoisingImageFilter<TInputImage,TOutputImage>::Initialize(void)'
        with
        [

I will not be able to get to this until tomorrow night, so the fix to this may not make it in until Monday night's dashboard. If some one is more familiar with this issue and already knows the solution please chime in. This patch fixed compilation errors for methods that were only instantiated with explicit instantiation. So the quick fix of backing out this patch has some trade offs. The options are as follows:

1) Wait until monday night to make the next RC with a patch to hopefully fix this error.
2) Back out this patch, and have explicit instantiation not work for the RC, and add to issues in WrapITK.
3) It's only VS8 what has the problem. We only know about this compilation error because I added this build to the dashboard this week. We could see how many users actually use VS8, and tag it as is, perhaps letting the users know...

What should be do?

Thanks,
Brad