[Insight-developers] NrrdIO vs non-NrrdIO code

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Mon Feb 8 12:39:36 EST 2010

Hi Gordon,

in conjunction with the integration of the latest NrrdIO code in the
Sourceforge repository into ITK, I've been seeing come code in the
relevant libraries: namely in air, that was labeled non-NrrdIO,
typically labeled
/* ---- BEGIN non-NrrdIO */
/* ---- END non-NrrdIO */
which we elected not to include in this integration. I'm finding that
this categorization is not air-tight, so we should discuss how to
proceed further.

Specifically, formatVTK.c has no area that is labeled non-NrrdIO, but
_nrrdFormatVTK_write(FILE *file, const Nrrd *_nrrd, NrrdIoState *nio)
invokes
  airSrandMT(AIR_CAST(unsigned int, airTime()));
in line 380, and both airSrandMT() and  airTime() fall into non-NrrdIO
sections.

Should all of the relevant source and header files, as listed in the
wiki http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Updating_Nrrd_library_2009  be
committed in their entirety instead? If we elect to proceed as we have
been by excluding non-NrrdIO code, is it advisable to revert back to
old ITK versions, or can you suggest an alternate option?

Thanks for your kind support.

Best wishes,

Michel

--