[Insight-developers] NrrdIO & many shadowing declarations

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Mon Feb 8 10:45:20 EST 2010

Good morning Gordon,

I would like to further the work on NrrdIO this week, and hopefully
complete the integration.

As Luis discovered a few days ago, there are some variables that are
named the same as variables used in /usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h .

/home/michel/tools/Insight_ALL/Insight/Utilities/NrrdIO/sane.c: In
function ‘itk_airSanity’:
/home/michel/tools/Insight_ALL/Insight/Utilities/NrrdIO/sane.c:37:
warning: declaration of ‘nan’ shadows a global declaration
/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:225: warning: shadowed declaration is here
/home/michel/tools/Insight_ALL/Insight/Utilities/NrrdIO/sane.c:39:
warning: declaration of ‘exp’ shadows a global declaration
/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:101: warning: shadowed declaration is here
/home/michel/tools/Insight_ALL/Insight/Utilities/NrrdIO/754.c: In
function ‘itk_airFPClass_f’:
/home/michel/tools/Insight_ALL/Insight/Utilities/NrrdIO/754.c:262:
warning: declaration of ‘exp’ shadows a global declaration
/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:101: warning: shadowed declaration is here

I'm going to name them something slightly different. Please let me
know if this is unacceptable.

Best wishes,

Michel

--