[Insight-developers] RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter -- questions about fixing bug 8482

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Mar 25 14:14:35 EDT 2009

Hrmm this is interesting!!!

I am currently running slice to slice registration on  scanning
electron microscopy data. This data is very noise compared to most
medical imaging. This Image spacing parameter could significantly
change registration! it has been running poorly recently and this may
in fact be the cause. I will have to run things to determine if this
is the cause... But a change like this would be very significant to my
code :(

Also I don't see any way that the user could set a parameter to change
this too!  If you had an image will large spacing it would in effect
NOT apply a smoothing filter.

If I am understanding this correctly I would think it is a bug!

Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine