[Insight-developers] FFT update

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa . edu
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:49:32 -0600

Three things:

1. The problems I have been having with VNL fft arise from there being
constraints on the dimensions, as
reported at: http://sourceforge . net/mailarchive/message . php?msg_id=2213052

Since vnl won't do FFT's of arbitrarily dimensioned images, I'll try a
few of the FFT codes I've found to see if I can find one that works for
any image.

2. FFTW was dumping core on a test case on my machine. After consulting
with the FFTW folks it turns out that the stock version of GCC on Red
Hat Nine (3.2.2) compiles FFTW incorrectly. GCC 3.3.2 passes the test.
There is a FindFFTW.cmake, so if you have FFTW installed, you can define
USE_FFTW (and FFTW_LIB and FFTW_INCLUDE, if your fftw isn't installed in
a system directory) and use the itkFFTW classes if you need.

3. Since the current Testing/Code/Algorithms/itkFFTTest.cxx generates a
'false pass' for the VnlFFT classes, I'm removing itkFFTTest from the
itkAlgorithmsTest2 program until I've replaced the VNL with a working,
license-compatible FFT.