[Insight-developers] SpatialObjects

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:06:14 -0500

We probably should call these curves.

The two normals (normal and bi-normal) define the "frenet frame" at a
point on the line/curve.   Two points are insufficient for defining a
curve.   You must specify two vectors (for a curve in three space) to
complete the definition: one for curvature and one for torque (essentially).

Normals are N dimensional.   There are N-1 of them.

Two points with equal frenet frames (i.e., normal to and inline with the
implied tangent between those points) forms a straight line between
those points.