[IGSTK-Users] Coordinate System with unknown Transformation

Jiwon Jamie Ryu jjamieryu at melab.snu.ac.kr
Thu Aug 18 06:25:14 EDT 2011

Hi All!

I'm having problem with coordinate transformation.
I have a marker's position and rotation from polaris camera,
and I have world coordinate obtained from my robot.
I'm trying to transform my marker's position frame to the robot's frame.

The problem is, I don't know the transformation, all I know are the
coordinates of the two frames.
So, I cannot use RequestSetTransformAndParent(const Transform &t, const
CoordinateSystem *parent) function.

In IGSTK, do I need to calculate the transformation matrix using the
formulas provided in the CH. 8 coordinate System?
Or, is there a simpler way?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerley,
Jamie Ryu