[IGSTK-Users] Question about the "Navigator" example

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Jul 26 15:06:37 EDT 2010

Hi Shuiling,

What you are doing is correct.

IGSTK simplified the coordinate system transform calculations. Given
that the underlying scene graph is connected correctly, you can get the
transform between any two coordinate system by calling:

fromCoordinateSys->RequestComputeTransformTo( toCoordinateSys );

In your case, you don't need to know the t_Raw and t_Reference
explicitly to compose transforms along the chain. You can get the direct
transform using the 'RequestComputeTransformTo' method.

Take a look at this wiki page on how to connect igstkSceneGraph.

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Needle_Biopsy#How_to_connect_the_scene_graph

Patrick