[IGSTK-Users] Question about the "Navigator" example

ling Shui shuiling119 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:55:03 EDT 2010

Hi all,
   Sorry to interrupt you!
   Now I want to use the example "Navigator" in IGSTK to connect to the Robot. Before surgery, entry point and target point is defined in the image coordinate system, then they are transformed to the robot, and these two points must be defined in the robot coordinate system. I'm confused by the transformation relationship. Who can help me to solve this problem? Thank you advance for any help!
   The transformation relationship is showed in the figure of the accessory of the email. My original idea is:  Use tool1 (must be calibrated) as the registration tool. After registration, the transform, Tregistration can be obtained from the landmark registration and it defines transformation from the reference tool to the image coordinate system (Is it right?). After registration, Tool1 will not be used again, the tracked tool will be changed as Tool2, which fixed on the robot arm. Tcal denotes the calibration transform of Tool2, Ttool2robot denotes the transform from Tool2’s tool tip to robot coordinate system. From page-139 of the IGSTK book, Traw and Treference transform can be got from the tracking device (by the way, I use the NDI vicra system as the tracking device).

   From the figure, it seems that the following formulation is correct:
   Timage2robot*Ttool2robot-1*Tcal*Traw*Treference-1*Tregistration = I
   So, the transform Timage2robot can be calculated, and the two points, entry point and target point also can be calculated from the image coordinate system to the robot coordinate system.
   If my idea is right, how to obtain the transform Traw and Trefercence in IGSTK? If it is wrong, who can give me any advice?

Thanks & Regards,

Shuiling