[IGSTK-Users] Using Virtual ROM files with Aurora

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Thu May 21 14:17:35 EDT 2009

Hi Jon,

Most likely the port number is one less than what you specified (the
numbers on the box start from 1 and igstk internally starts at 0).

Also, to make your life easier please read section 21.1. in the upcoming
IGSTK book (Tracker Independent Application development):
http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/DataServer/Data/Public/IGSTKTheBookV2.pdf

The section describes how to use IGSTK utility classes so that all the
tracker setup and initialization is performed for you. All you will need
to do is specify an xml file for the tracking system configuration you
are using.

See the TrackingVolumeViewer example program for use of these classes.
The specifics can be found in
TrackingVolumeViewer::ConfigureTrackerProcessing.

                    Ziv

Jon Eubank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to track a tool using the Aurora system without hardcoding a
> .rom file onto the tool's SROM chip.  This seems to be a standard and
> well defined process that is handled when the tracker initializes.  I
> have provided the tracker object the filename for the .rom I want to
> use, and this file is read from when LoadVirtualSROMs() is called during
> initialization.  However, once the tracker is initialized and running
> the port/channel that the tool is attached to has not been enabled and
> the tool will not track.  Is there a trick to doing this that I am missing?
>
> If anyone has experience tracking tools with the Aurora system using
> virtual ROMs not hardcoded onto the tool's SROM chip, any advice you can
> spare would be greatly appreciated.  If you have any ideas I can provide
> more information about my the process I am using to help work out the
> solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon Eubank
> Working with Mike Daly and GTxEyes team at Princess Margaret Hospital in
> Toronto

Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology
Georgetown University Medical Center
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603
Washington, DC, 20007,