[IGSTK-Users] Some questions on IGSTK orientation and Views

Torleif Sandnes torleif.sandnes at sintef.no
Thu Nov 15 03:20:44 EST 2007

Hi Vincent.

> - I wrote a volume reader specific to a file format that we use.
> The volume is well parsed and the corresponding SpatialObject is
> created. My "problem" appears when I want to display it and add it
> to 2D Views.
> The ObjectRepresentation is displayed in the view, but not with the
> orientation specified to the View ( Axial, Sagittal, Coronal ). So
> I found that IGSTK requires volumes to be described in a specific
> orientation in order to be well displayed.
If I understand you correctly, you set the orientation in both the
view and the imagespatialobjectrepresentation?

Something like this:
theView->RequestSetOrientation(AXIAL);
theRepresentation->RequestSetOrientation(AXIAL);
And then you don't get the orientation you expected?

> The orientation I found is "RAI" (1st axis : Right to Left, 2nd
> axis : Anterior to Posterior, 3rd axis : Inferior to Superior). Is
> this right ? Does this requirement correspond to a "standard" ?

I don't know whether this is a standard or not. I think it may vary
according to surgical procedure.
See also:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/igstk-developers/2007-August/
001509.html

> - The second thing I would like to discuss is the
> igstk::CrossHairs2D object that I found in IGSTK Sandbox. I don't
> know if this class is under development, but I really don't know
> how to use it, and how to add it to a View. Could someone give me
> some clues ?

The crosshairs object should be removed from the sandbox. It was an
attempt to add a crosshair to the igstk 2d view in the overlay plane.
It will not be further developed, and I don't think you should use it.

Regards

Torleif Sandnes