[IGSTK-Users] Some questions on IGSTK orientation and Views

Vincent Gratsac vincent.gratsac at irisa.fr
Wed Nov 14 08:24:26 EST 2007

Hi igstk-users,

Here are some questions :

 - I wrote a volume reader specific to a file format that we use. The
volume is well parsed and the corresponding SpatialObject is created. My
"problem" appears when I want to display it and add it to 2D Views.
The ObjectRepresentation is displayed in the view, but not with the
orientation specified to the View ( Axial, Sagittal, Coronal ). So I
found that IGSTK requires volumes to be described in a specific
orientation in order to be well displayed.
The orientation I found is "RAI" (1st axis : Right to Left, 2nd axis :
Anterior to Posterior, 3rd axis : Inferior to Superior). Is this right ?
Does this requirement correspond to a "standard" ?

- The second thing I would like to discuss is the igstk::CrossHairs2D
object that I found in IGSTK Sandbox. I don't know if this class is
under development, but I really don't know how to use it, and how to add
it to a View. Could someone give me some clues ?

Thank you and have a nice day,

Vincent

--
Vincent Gratsac
Unité/Projet VisAGeS U746

Ph:  +33 (0) 2 23 23 49 20/ Fax: +33/0 2 99 84 71 71
email: Vincent.Gratsac at irisa.fr
http://www.irisa.fr/visages/