[IGSTK-Developers] View refactoring- Camera control

Frank Lindseth Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Wed Jul 11 00:27:10 EDT 2007

Hi Andinet,

This looks very good.
Ideally the re-factoring of the ImageSliceRep. should be done first
in order to see the needed functionality to display oblique slices in
an optimal way for example, but I guess most things can be done using
these methods.

Just a little note, in our present system the surgeon can "set" the
view in the 3D scene using a tool/pointer: The view follows the tool
(or guide wire)  in real time, and when a good view is found the view
can be "freezed" or saved. In order to do this (just by using the
axes of the tool) it would be nice to have a RequestSetViewDirection
too.

And while talking about the view class re-factoring:
I'm hoping that a good synchronization scheme can be build into the
view-class (for croshair positioning for example) :
- Synchronization between the three different views (e.g. axial,
coronal and sagital) for a single volume.
- Synchronization between corresponding views from different volumes.
- Synchronization between the "2D and 3D display" of the same slice.
- etc.

Regards,
Frank

On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:02 PM, Andinet Enquobahrie wrote:

> Team,
>
> One of the main weaknesses of the view classes is lack of camera
> control as
> pointed out by several people. As part of the view class
> refactoring effort,
> I will be adding Request methods that provide control of  some of
> the camera
> parameters to the user.
>
> I am proposing to add the following methods
>
> // Set camera position
> RequestSetPosition(double x., double y, double z);
>
> //Set focal point coordinates
> RequestSetFocalPoint( double x, double y, double z);
>
> //Set view vector up
> RequestSetViewUp( double vx, double vy, double vz);
>
> //Set clipping range
> RequestSetClippingRange( double dNear, double dFar);
>
> //Set parallel projection on
> RequestSetParallelProjectionOn( );
>
> //Set perspective projection on
> RequestSetPerspectiveProjectionOn()
>
> Let me know if you see the need to have control of
> other parameters of the camera.
>
> Thanks
>
> -Andinet
>
> --
> Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
> R&D Engineer
> Kitware Inc.
>
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x124
> www.kitware.com

Frank Lindseth
Research Scientist (PhD)

SINTEF Health Research
Dept. Medical Technology
N-7465 Trondheim, Norway
Location: Olav Kyrres gt. 9, 4th floor, Trondheim

E-mail: Frank.Lindseth at sintef.no
Telephone: +47 928 09 372
Telefax: +47 930 70 800