[IGSTK-Developers] View refactoring- Camera control

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Thu Jul 5 15:02:25 EDT 2007

Team,

One of the main weaknesses of the view classes is lack of camera control as
pointed out by several people. As part of the view class refactoring
effort,
I will be adding Request methods that provide control of  some of the
camera
parameters to the user.

I am proposing to add the following methods

// Set camera position
RequestSetPosition(double x., double y, double z);

//Set focal point coordinates
RequestSetFocalPoint( double x, double y, double z);

//Set view vector up
RequestSetViewUp( double vx, double vy, double vz);

//Set clipping range
RequestSetClippingRange( double dNear, double dFar);

//Set parallel projection on
RequestSetParallelProjectionOn( );

//Set perspective projection on
RequestSetPerspectiveProjectionOn()

Let me know if you see the need to have control of
other parameters of the camera.

Thanks

-Andinet

Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD