[IGSTK-Developers] some feedback on book from George Grevera and related topics

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 21 11:44:21 EST 2007

Hi all:

While this is primarily aimed at Luis and Kevin Gary, I wanted to share this
feedback on the book with all the developers. George Grevera is at St.
Joseph's University in Philadelphia and teaches computer science and is also
developing his own package with Jay Udupa on Penn.

He asked if we would consider publishing the book as a case study in
real-world software engineering using agile methods. I guess his really
liked our discussion of the software engineering techniques involved.

Not sure if there is any market for this but I thought I would pass it on
the group.

On a separate but related note, I also had breakfast with Werner Korb of
Leipzig, Germany, which is the group of Heinz Lemke's working on workflow.
He is interested in looking at IGSTK  for use in their surgical PACS effort.
In that regard, he is very interested in how our time stamping method works.
He has also talked to Patrick some and may participate in the tcons at some
point.

So the efforts from the book are starting to pay off!

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center: www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group: www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS: www.washcas.org
Email: cleary at georgetown.edu