[IGSTK-Developers] Presentation at SDMS

Kevin Gary kgary at asu.edu
Thu Dec 6 00:26:14 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

Kevin Cleary asked me to post some of my notes from the IGSTK
presentation at the SDMS (Software and Systems for Medical Devices and
Services) workshop this past Monday, http://oris.csie.ntu.edu.tw/SMDS07.
My notes are below. The presentation itself I can send to anyone
interested or post to the Wiki (I don't see an area for our pubs on the
Wiki, and the www.igstk.org docs/pubs page is out of date?). The paper
is attached as the file is small compared to the prez.

Notes:
A worthwhile day; there were a couple relevant talks on safety in
medical devices, one by Paul Jones at the FDA that I thought was
particularly enlightening. Our presentation was well-received I think,
there was some good discussion on open source and Agile development in
this context.

I had lunch with Insup Lee and a couple of the other workshop
organizers; they agree that these issues will continue to gain mindshare
over time. There was also a program manager (Kristin Tolle) from
Microsoft External Research in Biomedical Computing that gave a last
minute presentation, and I had a chance to chat with her after. She was
very enthusiastic about our presentation and open source. Might want to
check in on her RFP's from time to time.

Cheers,
K2

--
===